Louisville’s Destination for Headache and Migraine Relief
Headache is the most prevalent neurological disorder worldwide and is the No. 2 cause of years lived with disability. The team at Norton Neuroscience Institute treats more patients for headache and migraine than any other in the area.
Norton Neuroscience Institute’s headache specialists not only are dedicated to treating patients experiencing headaches and migraines, but are at the forefront in adopting emerging treatments and leading research on new medications. Our three board-certified headache medicine physicians and our nurse practitioners are dedicated to bringing the newest migraine treatments to you, including calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) medications and neuromodulation devices.
Highest Level of Expertise
Norton Neuroscience Institute strives to provide highly personalized and specialized care for patients. Of the 12 physicians certified in headache medicine in Kentucky, three of those are with Norton Neuroscience Institute. Headache patients from Louisville, Southern Indiana and beyond seek the expertise of Jeffrey H. Frank, M.D., FAHS; Brian M. Plato, D.O., FAHS; and Mandy J. Whitt, M.D.; as well as their staff of nurse practitioners who are certified by the National Headache Foundation.
Treatment is offered for those experiencing:
- Chronic daily headache
- Cluster headache
- Medication overuse headache
- Cervicogenic headache
- Menstrually related migraine
- Tension-type headache
- Post-concussive/post-traumatic headache
Our physicians participated in several trials that ultimately led to Food and Drug Administration approval of products, as well as products that still are being investigated. Our expansion into clinical research confirms our commitment to the community to be involved in the development of new treatment options for patients who experience headache disorders. Additionally, being involved in research allows us to be familiar with new treatment options before they are widely available for use in the general population.
Treatment Beyond Headaches and Migraines
Our skilled providers also treat:
- Occipital neuralgia
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Pseudotumor cerebri
Why Choose Norton Neuroscience Institute
More patients from Louisville and Southern Indiana seek treatment from Norton Neuroscience Institute’s nationally recognized neurologists and neurosurgeons than any other provider in the area.
- We have more than 60 medical, surgical and research specialists dedicated to providing innovative care to those with brain, spine and nervous system conditions.
- We use advanced minimally invasive neurosurgery equipment that can speed your recovery and minimize pain.
- We’ve created multidisciplinary clinics that offer a disease-specific, patient-focused approached to neurological care. Through our multidisciplinary clinics our neurosciences team partners with specialists in oncology, cardiovascular, orthopedics and behavioral health.
- Norton Healthcare has the largest network of accredited stroke centers in the area.
- Norton Brownsboro Hospital’s designation as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and American Stroke Association represents the highest level of care.
- The Joint Commission also certified Norton Audubon Hospital and Norton Hospital as Primary Stroke Centers and Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital.
- Norton Neuroscience Institute patients have access to resource centers that include navigators to help educate patients and their families about new diagnoses, available treatment and management of disease. They also aid in accurate and timely communication between providers and patients.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart account.
- Use the wait-list feature on MyNortonChart to get an appointment faster if there’s a cancellation.