Learning that you have a brain or spine tumor can be a life-changing moment for you and the ones you love.
The Norton Cancer Institute provides leading care in the region through its collaboration with the Norton Neuroscience Institute to treat malignant brain tumors.
Why choose Norton Cancer Institute
- The Brain Tumor Center, the region’s only comprehensive center of its type, is a partnership between Norton Cancer Institute and Norton Neuroscience Institute, to provide patients one convenient location for all their treatment needs.
- Clinical expertise of specialists who are highly trained at leading research institutions, along with advanced clinical trials that may be able to provide leading-edge treatments and clinical trials without patients and families having to leave the Louisville area.
- Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers provide comfort, support and information at no cost to patients and families, with four available in the area. Services include emotional support and educational counseling groups, massage, art and music therapies and so much more.
- Neuro-oncology patient navigator, a unique program developed to assist patients and their families with the challenges that come with a brain tumor diagnosis. Our patient navigator is a registered nurse who is an advocate for patients and families and provides information and support through diagnosis, treatment and beyond. Patient navigator services are free and available as needed by patients and families.
- The Norton Cancer Institute Behavioral Oncology Program is designed to provide supportive emotional and psychological care for patients diagnosed with brain tumors and their families.
- Fusion of multiple imaging modalities (such as MRI, CT or PET screenings) for optimal accurate target and normal tissue definition
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- NeuroBlate laser interstitial thermal therapy
- Management and treatment of neurological complications of brain tumors with emphasis on maintaining or improving quality of life
About Norton Cancer Institute
Norton Cancer Institute is all about compassion, hope and healing. From cancer prevention and diagnosis to care, support and survivorship, we offer a broad range of cancer specialists providing medical, surgical and radiation therapies. We also offer access to extensive groundbreaking clinical trials, support groups, seminars, art and music therapy, massage therapy, yoga and nutritional counseling. The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer designated Norton Cancer Institute as the only accredited Integrated Network Cancer Program in Kentucky.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story
For the second year in a row, Norton Healthcare has been identified as one of the companies liked best by female workers in Forbes' second annual ranking of America's Best Employers for Women. This recognition [...]Read Full Story