Norton Cancer Institute is the leading provider of care for melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and other skin cancers in Louisville and Southern Indiana. The area’s only cancer specialist with a subspecialty in oncologic dermatology — Jae Y. Jung, M.D., Ph.D. — sees patients at Norton Cancer Institute.
If you’ve been diagnosed with skin cancer, you want to start getting better right away. That’s why we offer same-day appointments for newly diagnosed patients.
At Norton Cancer Institute, you’ll have a one-on-one relationship with your oncologist, surgeon, radiation oncologist or other specialist. The next cancer doctor you see will be either someone you know or someone you’ll be seeing again who knows your case.
Innovative Skin Cancer Care Tailored for You
Our advanced diagnostic tools will help your specialist determine a care plan that’s tailored for you based on the status of your cancer and your treatment goals. Your comprehensive care team of physicians and other health care providers meets regularly to review your case and plan the next steps.
Our state-of-the-art treatments include immunotherapy and biologic therapies that can provide a unique treatment designed specifically to combat the genetic makeup of your cancer.
Norton Cancer Institute’s dedication to bringing high-quality cancer care to Louisville and Southern Indiana means leading-edge treatments are available close to home.
Dr. Jung is using a harmless form of the herpes virus to treat melanoma. The oncolytic therapy uses the virus to infect cancer cells and trigger the body’s immune system to fight the cancer.
In addition to our current leading-edge treatments, we offer our patients the opportunity to participate in innovative National Cancer Institute- and industry-sponsored clinical research studies. These trials help to improve current cancer treatments, in addition to finding new and promising solutions.
Skin Cancer Care for the Whole Person
- From Corydon, Indiana, to Shelbyville, Kentucky, Norton Cancer Institute has nine outpatient locations and multiple infusion centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana. We have three radiation centers in Louisville.
- We offer customized treatments, including the most advanced technology for every type of skin cancer.
- We have a dedicated skin cancer patient navigator to guide you through the treatment process. The navigator is a registered nurse and advocate for patients and families who can help coordinate scheduling to minimize visits. The navigator provides information and support through diagnosis, treatment and beyond.
- Five Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana offer a variety of support services that address the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of patients and their families. Specially trained oncology nurses are on hand to provide one-on-one counseling.
- The Norton Cancer Institute Behavioral Oncology Program is designed to provide supportive emotional and psychological care for patients diagnosed with skin cancer and their families.
About Norton Cancer Institute
Norton Cancer Institute is the leading oncology practice in Louisville and Southern Indiana. We offer multidisciplinary oncology care from specialists at the leading edge of cancer treatment.
With nine outpatient locations, three radiation centers, multiple infusion centers across the Louisville area and same-day appointments for new patients, you can start your cancer recovery quickly.
There are many reasons why more people choose Norton Cancer Institute for their care.
- Access to more than 100 specialists, including board-certified and fellowship-trained oncologists
- Specialists from across Norton Healthcare who work together to review your case to ensure the best care for you and those who care for you
- Treatments including surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy and genetic therapies tailored to combat the unique genetic makeup of your cancer
- Prompt Care Clinics designed especially for providing symptom relief and other care to Norton Cancer Institute patients
- MyNortonChart: Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device
- A radiation therapy program that set the standard for precision and excellence in the region
- More than 180 cancer-related clinical trials give you access to the newest therapies