Louisville’s Leader in Colon Cancer Care
Our oncology team has the experience to deliver the most effective treatment.
Norton Cancer Institute is the leading provider of colon cancer care in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Our colon cancer specialists are board-certified and fellowship-trained leaders in their field. They’re at the forefront of developing innovative approaches to getting patients back to living their lives.
If you’ve been diagnosed with colon cancer, you want to start getting better right away. That’s why we offer same-day appointments for newly diagnosed patients.
At Norton Cancer Institute, you’ll have a one-on-one relationship with your oncologist, surgeon, radiation oncologist or other specialist. The next cancer doctor you see will be either someone you know or someone you’ll be seeing again who knows your case.
Innovative Colon Cancer Care Tailored for You
We use the latest equipment and procedures to make a precise diagnosis that shows how advanced your cancer is. From weekend colonoscopies to fecal immunochemical tests (FIT) and other preventive strategies to surgery and immunotherapy, we’ll tailor a treatment plan just for you.
Your personalized care plan will be based on the stage of the tumor and presence of any other medical conditions. Plus, you have access to innovative clinical trials as well as a suite of colon cancer support services and a dedicated patient navigator to walk you through every phase of care.
Our state-of-the-art treatments include immunotherapy and biologic therapies that can provide a unique treatment designed specifically to combat the genetic makeup of your cancer.
Depending on how advanced your colon cancer is, treatment may include a combination of surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
In addition to our current leading-edge treatments, we offer you the opportunity to participate in innovative National Cancer Institute- and industry-sponsored clinical research studies. These trials help to improve current cancer treatments, in addition to finding new and promising solutions.
Colon Cancer Care for the Whole Person
- From Corydon, Indiana, to Shelbyville, Kentucky, Norton Cancer Institute has seven outpatient locations and multiple infusion centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana. We have three radiation centers located just off major interstates with free self-service parking and valet parking.
- We provide customized colon cancer treatments, including the most advanced technology for every type of colon cancer.
- We have a dedicated colon cancer patient navigator to guide you through the treatment process. The navigator is a registered nurse and advocate for patients and families who can help coordinate scheduling to minimize visits. The navigator provides information and support through diagnosis, treatment and beyond.
- Five Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana offer a variety of support services that address the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of patients and their families. Specially trained oncology nurses are on hand to provide one-on-one counseling.
- The Norton Cancer Institute Behavioral Oncology Program is designed to provide supportive emotional and psychological care for patients diagnosed with colon cancer and their families.