Louisville’s Radiation Therapy Innovator
Norton Cancer Institute is the leading provider of radiation therapy for cancer care in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Our radiation therapy specialists are board-certified and fellowship-trained leaders in their field. They’re at the forefront of developing innovative approaches that get patients back to living their lives.
If your physician has determined radiation therapy is the right way to fight your cancer, you want to start getting better right away. That’s why we offer same-day appointments for patients with newly diagnosed or suspected cancer.
At Norton Cancer Institute, you’ll have a one-on-one relationship with your oncologist, surgeon, radiation oncologist or other specialist. The next cancer doctor you see will be either someone you know or someone you’ll be seeing again who knows your case.
Our team recently was granted reaccreditation in radiation therapy for a three-year term by the American College of Radiology (ACR), signifying the highest level of image quality and patient safety.
In addition, we are the only pediatric radiation specialists in Louisville/Southern Indiana.
Innovative Radiation Therapy Tailored for You
We offer precision techniques that can save healthy tissue and help you recover faster.
Norton Healthcare’s radiation oncologists were the first in Kentucky to perform frameless radiosurgery — an image-guided radiosurgery technique that is less invasive and more accurate. We also were the first reported case of using radiosurgery to treat occipital neuralgia — inflamed or injured nerves running from the top of the spinal cord to the scalp.
Other advances include the use of NeuroBlate microlaser neurosurgical technology to precisely treat tumors deep in the brain. A growing clinical research effort means our patients have access to new potentially groundbreaking technologies and techniques.
Cancer Care for the Whole Person
- From Corydon, Indiana, to Shelbyville, Kentucky, Norton Cancer Institute has seven outpatient locations and multiple infusion centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- We have three radiation centers located just off major interstates with free self-parking and valet parking.
- There are five Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana that offer a variety of support services. They address the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of patients and their families. Specially trained oncology nurses are on hand to provide one-on-one counseling.
- We have a dedicated patient navigator to guide you through the treatment process. The navigator is a registered nurse and advocate for patients and families who can help coordinate scheduling to minimize visits. The navigator provides information and support through diagnosis, treatment and beyond.
- We provide complementary therapies, educational and support services, and a variety of rehab options.