Louisville’s radiation therapy innovator
Norton Cancer Institute is the leading provider of radiation therapy for cancer care in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Our radiation therapy specialists are board-certified and fellowship-trained leaders in their field. They’re at the forefront of developing innovative approaches that get patients back to living their lives.
If your physician has determined radiation therapy is the right way to fight your cancer, you want to start getting better right away. That’s why we offer same-day appointments for patients with newly diagnosed or suspected cancer.
At Norton Cancer Institute, you’ll have a one-on-one relationship with your oncologist, surgeon, radiation oncologist or other specialist. The next cancer doctor you see will be either someone you know or someone you’ll be seeing again who knows your case.
In addition, we are the only pediatric radiation specialists in Louisville/Southern Indiana.
Innovative radiation therapy tailored for you
We offer precision techniques that can save healthy tissue and help you recover faster.
Norton Healthcare’s radiation oncologists were the first in Kentucky to perform frameless radiosurgery — an image-guided radiosurgery technique that is less invasive and more accurate. We also were the first reported case of using radiosurgery to treat occipital neuralgia — inflamed or injured nerves running from the top of the spinal cord to the scalp.
Other advances include the use of NeuroBlate microlaser neurosurgical technology to precisely treat tumors deep in the brain. A growing clinical research effort means our patients have access to new potentially groundbreaking technologies and techniques.
Cancer care for the whole person
- From Corydon, Indiana, to Shelbyville, Kentucky, Norton Cancer Institute has seven outpatient locations and multiple infusion centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- We have three radiation centers located just off major interstates with free self-parking and valet parking.
- There are five Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana that offer a variety of support services. They address the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of patients and their families. Specially trained oncology nurses are on hand to provide one-on-one counseling.
- We have a dedicated patient navigator to guide you through the treatment process. The navigator is a registered nurse and advocate for patients and families who can help coordinate scheduling to minimize visits. The navigator provides information and support through diagnosis, treatment and beyond.
- We provide complementary therapies, educational and support services, and a variety of rehab options.
About Norton Cancer Institute
Norton Cancer Institute is the leading oncology practice in Louisville and Southern Indiana. We offer multidisciplinary oncology care from specialists at the leading edge of cancer treatment.
With seven outpatient locations, three radiation centers, multiple infusion centers across the Louisville area and same-day appointments for new patients, you can start your cancer recovery quickly.
There are many reasons why more people choose Norton Cancer Institute for their care.
- Access to more than 100 specialists, including board-certified and fellowship-trained oncologists
- Specialists from across Norton Healthcare who work together to review your case to ensure the best care for you and those who care for you
- Treatments including surgical, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy and genetic therapies tailored to combat the unique genetic makeup of your cancer.
- Prompt care clinics designed especially for providing symptom relief and other care to Norton Cancer Institute patients
- MyNortonChart. Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescription and more anytime from a computer or mobile device.
- A radiation therapy program that set the standard for precision and excellence in the region
- More than 180 cancer-related clinical trials give you access to the newest therapies.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story
For the second year in a row, Norton Healthcare has been identified as one of the companies liked best by female workers in Forbes' second annual ranking of America's Best Employers for Women. This recognition [...]Read Full Story