Patient Navigator Program at Norton Cancer Institute
Patient navigators offer support and education for patients with any type of cancer. Patient Navigator Program nurses are available to help ease stress and offer emotional support for the entire family at no cost.
From the point of a suspicious finding through diagnosis, treatment and survivorship, our patients, their caregivers and their family members have access to a navigator as often as needed.
A patient navigator assists with:
- Education regarding cancer diagnosis, staging and treatment
- Timely communication among patients, physicians and primary caregivers
- Coping with physical and emotional needs
- Scheduling and coordinating staging studies, consultations and referrals to improve convenience and minimize treatment delays
- Connecting patients with appropriate health care and community resources
- Access to a multidisciplinary, team-based approach to care
- Transition between physicians’ offices and clinics
- Identifying and addressing barriers to timely and appropriate treatment
Patient navigation services are free and available as often as needed by patients and families.
Meet the Team
Brain Tumor Patient Navigator
Kellie Kopp, R.N., OCN
Breast Patient Navigators
Danielle Casey, R.N., OCN, CBCN
Janet Constant, R.N., OCN
Leesa Mattingly, R.N., OCN, CBCN
Missy Ulfe, R.N., MSN, CBCN
Breast Screening Navigator
Amy Rougeux, R.N., OCN
Colon Screening Navigator
Cynthia Preston, R.N.
Gastrointestinal Patient Navigator
Ingrid Smith, R.N.
Head and Neck Patient Navigator
Abbey Overstreet, R.N., OCN
Genitourinary Patient Navigators
Cheretha Hall, R.N., OCN
Linda Henderson, R.N.
Liver Patient Navigator
Carol Ranschaert, R.N., OCN
Lung Patient Navigators
Jenny Frantz, R.N., OCN
Steve House, R.N., OCN
Lung Screening Navigator
Connie Buckley, R.N., AE-C
Oncology Patient Navigators
Karen Allen, R.N., OCN
Anglia Munk, R.N., OCN
Deborah Pirtle, R.N., OCN, CHPN
Rhonda Walker, R.N., OCN.
Pediatric Oncology Patient Navigator
Frances Price, R.N., OCN, CPHON
Survivorship Patient Navigator
Gina Morrison, R.N., OCN
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Sept. 18, 2019) – Norton Healthcare and UPS will launch a new program that will allow students to graduate with little to no debt and move toward careers in health care. Norton Healthcare-UPS […]Read Full Story
It’s never too early to take care of your heart, especially if you have a family history of heart disease. And it’s never too early to get kids started with heart-healthy habits that will lower […]Read Full Story
Alissa Prince, patient navigator with Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, has found community not only within Louisville but also within Norton Healthcare. She points out how important that is as a member of the LGBTQ community. […]Read Full Story